Just getting through this is good enough
Posted on 11th April 2020 at 12:51
I have seen the poster below on various social media...I think that whoever wrote it means well but in my opinion this comes across as insensitive to the way some of us may be feeling right now.
If you are able to come out of this crisis having achieved one of these activities that's ok...if you come out having achieved none that's ok too. 😊
Perhaps they could have been more encouraging and said something like "Why don't you try and do xyz? But to say you lacked discipline? 🤨
Coming out alive, mentally sound and refreshed should be the priority.
I have been up and down but during my more productive moments I have managed to:
- Complete some household tasks I needed to do
- Catch up on some of my fave shows
- Work out how to use some of my digital tools more effectively
- Sort folders and drives on my PC
- Sort pics and vids on my iPhone...I take lots of pics and vids and don't look at them again
- Think about post COVID opportunities
- Spend more time in prayer and meditation
- Be more creative in cooking and baking
- Go for long walks and discover some treasures in my local area
Do what you need to do and what works for you.
What do you think?
Tagged as: COVID-19 Coronavirus Health Wellbeing
Share this post: